Saturday, November 18, 2006

Yummy, best soup ever!

Well, ok. Maybe not ever...but it's damn good! I made it tonight, and it's as great as I remembered. I got the recipe from Sheila, who made it for me last time. It may seem like an odd thing to blog, but it's so good I want to pass it on. So, here it is:

Green Chili Chicken Soup

Ingredients:
½ cup butter
¾ cup flour
2 cups milk (or 1 cup milk, 1 cup heavy cream)
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups cooked diced chicken
7 oz can diced green chilies (mild) or to taste
10-20 slices hot jalapeño peppers (since you can only get mild green chilies. I used canned to save time)
pinch of garlic
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
Over medium heat melt butter. Add flour and mix to make a roux. Add milk/cream and chicken broth stirring until there are no lumps.

Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.


MMMMMMMM! Try it, it's fabulous! :)

2 comments:

april said...

yum, so tasty! i like the spice. thanks for giving me some to take home. perfect post-derby fuel :)

Chandra said...

OMG I hurt! :P Glad you liked the soup....thank Sheila for the recipe really.