Monday, November 20, 2006

Ouch I hurt!

Friday I went to the unveiling of DPL's Novel Idea for this year, Bowerman and the Men of Oregon . Should be good. It's a thick book, so you might want to get started now! :) We had dinner at Merenda's first...and I gotta tell ya, it's such a crap shoot there. Your meal is either fabulous, or terrible. I had a fabulous meal, poor April had a horrible one. But then we had free drinks at the library. Not too shabby. Oh yea, and I won the raffle!!!! I never win anything! We then wound up at the D and I didn't get home 'til....way late. Fun, fun, fun! :)

So Sunday I went with April to roller derby. I'm going to join...but first I have to get my feet and legs used to roller skates again! I used to skate all the time when I was younger, and it seemed SO much easier when I was 10. I only fell once, which evidently is pretty good. I did however have major shin cramps. Ouch, ouch, ouch! So bad I had to get off. Eventually I got back out there. I have to get my own skates though. The skates at the rink are terrible terrible terrible! I used ice and heat on my legs last night, which I think helped. Today though, it's my hips, shoulders and the sides of my chest under my arms that hurt.

And they really hurt!!!! :)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

That's so cool you're going to join! Now you have to come up with a good name.

Chandra said...

LOL yea that's going to be a challenge. There's always Bitch Midget...but that might be offensive. When I was there Sunday this little girl couldn't say my name so I said "like chocolate. Chandra"...so she proceeded to call me Chocolate Cupcake and thinks that should be my roller derby name! Yea, that will get NO respect! :) Something else I think...

Heidi said...

mmmmm, cupcakes.