Monday, November 13, 2006

Roller derby!

Friday night I went with some friends to 80's night at the Grove. It was fun...but I was a bit disappointed with the music. The first DJ was....ok, but not great. He played 80's stuff, but none of the really good ones. More the cheesy songs. Oh well, it was still fun. The second DJ was better, but his was a mix of 80's and 2000's, which again was great but not really what we'd been hoping for. Better than the last 80's night I went to where Sheila, Terra and myself had our drinks spiked by this creepy little man. Good thing the three of us left together that time! Anyway, a good time was had by all! :)

I was dog sitting again, so I spent some time with the puppies on Saturday. They're so funny. I'm really not a little dog person...but these guys have definitely grown on me.

Sat night we went to see April at her roller derby bout. Yes, Bend does have a roller derby league! If you have not been, you should go to a bout. It's a total blast and those ladies skate hard!!! Their league is called the Lava City Roller Dolls and April skates on the 12 Gauge Rage team. They were great. They "lost" by 4 point... lost is in quotes 'cause they fought like hell and skated their asses off.

My throat was so sore Sunday. From all the yelling and screaming! :) Way to go April! 12 Gauge Rage may not play in the championship bout, but April may be skating 'cause they're down a couple skaters. I'll be there with bells on. Hmm, maybe real bells this time! Cow bells for cheering. Saturday Dec 9th. I should have pics from the bout really soon...

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Chandra,
there are two leagues in Bend besides the LCRD -- There are the Renegade Rollergirls too.

Chandra said...

Right. Sorry. I was thinking only of Saturday night when I wrote this and just forgot. Meant no disrespect.

Shannon said...

HAHAHAHA! Meant no disrespect. You crack me up. You don't offend me one bit, sista.

Heidi said...

The 12 Gauge Rage did awesome and I had a great time!!!! Hopefully I can go and see the championship bout of the LCRD in December - can't wait.