Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Love my new skates!

Got my new skates for roller derby last night and man! Wow, they're fast! :) I love them, they're great. Make all the difference in the world. Only problem is I didn't have toe stops. They didn't com in on time, so I had to skate without. I learned how to do a t-stop very quickly last night. Now I'm just waiting for my helmet (and toe stops). Only fell down a couple times last night...but I have bruises in odd places. Gave myself quite a nice one on my shin. Not nearly as beautiful as April's though! And yes, if you feel you have to, I'll let you poke it! :) You just have to ask first...

The hard part now is picking a name. I've got a big list...but it's a decision you have to really think about. It sticks with you, and it needs to describe you. We'll see what we come up with for me.

I can't wait 'til Cathy's back at work so I can get back into a regular swim schedule. I've been missing the water. Oh well. Off to do story time, then I'm taking the rest of the day off, in lieu of working Saturday. Hope you're all staying warm in this frigid weather. I actually woke up last night and put on my housecoat, llama socks and long johns. The cats crawled under the covers to sleep too! :)

2 comments:

april said...

yay, roller derby!
mmm, llama socks..i'm putting mine on right now!

Shannon said...

Chandra,
Knowing you and how fast you pick up on stuff, you'll be a pro in no time. Just wait until your doing 4 point stops on the ground.

I'm glad you joined the derby sisterhood.