Monday, March 12, 2007

Heeeeer fishie, fishie, fishie

So....Loki finally discovered the fish. I cleaned their bowl and replaced the water on Sunday evening. About half an hour later I went to feed them and noticed these grey things floating in the water. I scooped one out...and it was kitty litter!!!!! Loki had obviously had her mucky paws in there! Then, about an hour after that I look into the kitchen and this is what I saw.
Yup, she finally discovered the fish. This morning she was sitting up there and tapped the top of the water. I warned her of. I mean, they can fend for themselves. I'm not worried that she's actually going to be able to catch them and eat them. But I don't want her contaminating the water!

Yesterday morning we had a couple cute visitors on the porch. Can you see them? There were two large quail sitting on the railing. Both Dread and Loki spied them from across the room and went running over there. Chirruping like mad. It's such an odd sound. Must be totally instinctual and involuntary. Wonder what purpose it serves... it doesn't sound like a bird....

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Your bright blue fishy is pretty.