Sunday, March 25, 2007

Skiing was great!

I had a great weekend with my parents! We did go skiing on Sat. I really wasn't sure if it'd be good up there, but it was. We weren't on the first lift like Dad would have liked...but close enough. The day started off cloudy, got really foggy...then it cleared up and it was brilliant sunshine! The snow was pretty good in the morning. One or two of the runs were a little hard and a tiny bit icy in spots, but overall it was fine. The groomed runs, that is. The un-groomed runs were NOT so great. Here are Dad and I at the top of...I can't remember which run...Outback? Skyliner? One of those. This was late morning.
Here's mom and I on the Outback chair. By this time it was starting to clear up a bit. Often when the weather is bad, this side of the mountain is worse. It did have more fog at the beginning, but the conditions were MUCH better.

And here's dad on the Outback chair. The mountain was really not busy at all. We really skied right onto the lifts. I think the longest we waited was...three chairs? We did about 17 runs and we left between 2:30 - 3:00. We could have pushed it...but my legs had been doing so well and I just didn't want to take it too far. Quit while we're still feeling good.

On our way back we detoured to Sunriver, so my parent's could see my jewelry show. I'm glad they got to see it. It's always nice to hear that others thing my work is nice! :) We didn't wind up going to Balthazar's Sat. They're pretty expensive...and once we were cleaned up I just wasn't so much in the mood for a "fancy" place. I just wanted some good filling food. I still want to try Balthazar's though....they're entrees pretty much start at $20. A bit pricey...them damn well BETTER be good! :)

So here are my legs with the bruises I got from PT. These don't really show them really well. They're much more impressive in real life.

This one developed yesterday and today. This afternoon it's even more purple, while the others are fading. They sure do still hurt. We'll see what it's like to have them worked on Wednesday.

And this afternoon after my parents left Julie and I went for a little bike ride. My legs felt good... or at least my shins didn't hurt! :) My legs are tired from skiing all day Sat, but it was great.

No comments: