Thursday, July 13, 2006

Going for a walk

The other night I tried to walk to Safeway, because it's only a few blocks away and it seems silly to drive there. So I head out, through the "wild" area between me and Simpson. I get down to about the entrace to the mobile home park that's just below me when I hear meowing. I turn around, and there are Dread and Loki! Silly beans! I couldn't just keep walking because they would keep following...and I have to cross 14th. I'm not sure they'd sit and stay outside Safeway like a dog would either.

Dread was the instigator, I could tell. He used to follow me and Pepper on walks when we lived in Vancouver & Vernon. Both he and Boston did. They'd stalk us from the bushes, charge us, streak out ahead and then hide until we were passed. And then do it all over again. Guess he's missed that. Loki however, really wasn't sure about this idea. But since Dread was going....

I ended up driving to Safeway. They don't follow the car! :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

HAHAHA - silly cats! There is a lady in my neighborhood that walks her cats around on a leash. I SO need a picture of that.