Friday, July 21, 2006

Visiting friends

I didn't go visit friends, I had friends visiting. One of my best friends Sylvia and her husband Spiro were visiting for a couple days from Vancouver BC. We had a great time! Accomplished a lot in the few days they were here. I was also dog sitting for some friends; they have six little dogs! Yes, I did say six! But they're all so sweet.

Here you can see Bella in the front, behind her is Baby Girl, Berney and Sara.

Here is Chow Chow standing on Spiro (shh, don't tell the other puppies, but Chow Chow is my favourite!), Berney on the couch (sorry Lisa and Yvonne! I forgot!), Baby Girl on the floor again and Blue Blue bonding with Sylvia. She wanted to take Blue Blue home.

Later that day we walked up Pilot Butte. Spiro is applying to the VPD, so he ran up it to prove that he could be a macho police occifer! :P Man, we live in SUCH an amazingly beautiful place!

Every Sunday I play Ultimate Frisbee with a gang from the library. We're not part of the league... they wouldn't let us in! We're not great, but we have a ton of fun! I dragged Syl and Spiro along, but they just watched. Here I'm collapsing with laughter after Todd nearly took Cheryl's head off! It really was very funny! :)

And here, on the very last morning, Loki of course warms up to them. She can be a bit stand-offish. But once she's used to you and decides she likes you, you can't get her off you! That was pretty much Spiro's predicament here.

All in all we had a great visit. Too short, but better than nothing. And they'll definitely be back. Oh yea, on Monday we floated the river...twice! That was fun too. But I took no pictures. I would have dropped the camera in the river, no doubt!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I need to float this weekend, I wonder if there will be room on the river?