Tuesday, July 11, 2006

You can only put 5 pictures in a post...so I had to do two. And of course this is the second installation. So go down a bit and read the post titled Iron Mountain hike before this one. Go... now! Read this part after!

Here's April at the top of the ridge as well. Again, these just don't show you how beautiful it was. I realize now that I actually took no pictures of wildflowers. Huh. The others did though. Maybe that's what I didn't.



Here's coming up on the forest ranger station at the top of Iron Mountain. This structure completely blew off the peak in 1977 and had to be replaced by helicopter. And this is where we had lunch.



This is the view from up at the top, looking out in the opposite direction from Cone Mountain. You can't really tell, but the dropoff is literally 5 feet from where I'm standing. I'm not the best with heights...good thing I'm going to Machu Picchu!


And just for fun, this is my sweaty bum-print! Hee hee hee. I said it was hot! And there's the proof! :) When we got up to leave...this is the sweat that had pooled under me. Gross, I know, I know. But I thought...ok, I still think it;s hilarious. I cant be mature all the time! The spot next to it is where my sweaty backpack was sitting. I told you it was hot!

Finally, here are Tonya and April checking out the hike in the guidebook...after the hike. April, you look all sweaty. Did I mention it was hot on the hike? :)

No comments: