Sunday, July 23, 2006

Ripin' weekend!

Wow, that was a FUN weekend! I'm incredibly tired, sore and bruised, but exhilarated. I attended the Sugoi Dirt Series clinic here in Bend. Pine Mountain Sports sponsored them, with the Bellas being the "presenters." It was a pricey clinic...but worth every single penny. I didn't take any pictures, 'cause I was too busy trying to learn as much as I could! However, this amazing photographer, Michael Cain was there all weekend taking a ton of photos (on his site currently, you can see one of the clinics from 2005). We'll be getting a link to those pics once he has them up. I'll let you know if there are any good ones of me. I hope so. I gotta say, I tried, and succeeded on things that I never thought I'd even try.

I did skinnies (planks, cornered planks) a couple bridges on an afternoon ride, I successfully did the teeter-totter...over and over and over again! I found that it was so much easier than I thought. I'm really proud of myself! Then today I did high-speed cornering and then on our afternoon ride we went out and concentrated on this narly rock thingie. Michael was there snapping pics of us there, so I'll have to leave my descriptions until you can see it for yourself.

I had a fabulous time, and I think everyone else did who participated had a great time too. Everyone learned something, and some of us learned a whole LOT of things! :) Can you tell that I'm totally psyched? :) :) :) Sure, I have about 32 bruises, quite a few cuts...but I also now have a whole toolkit of skills.

Things really clicked for me this weekend. I'm finally becoming the rider my bike deserves! :)

No comments: