Sunday, July 30, 2006

Family, family and more family

My grandmother's funeral yesterday went really well. It was nice to see all the people that came. And boy, was there a lot of family! Last night the family went out for dinner, and there were 25 of us, not counting the small children. We went to the Salmon House, which if you're ever in Vancouver you should definitely go to! Last time I went there was fabulous, and this time was the same. I had the maple cider smoked salmon. Mmmmm. I got to spend time with several cousins I have not seen in years. This morning we had 15 people over for breakfast...so I was very ready for some quiet time with just my parents this afternoon.

My mom and I went to Taiga Works and Mountain Equipment Co-op to get some technical clothing for her for our Peru trip. Only 5 weeks away!!!! Ulp! Heading back to Bend tomorrow morning. I think I'm going to go down I-5 to Seattle and then across on the 90 to Ellensburg/Yakima and down. It's such a nice drive, and since I'm not in a rush I just want to putter and take my time. And that way I also get to stop in Thorp at the antique mall for their fabulous soups! Mmm. Gotta stock up.

I've got some great family pictures, but I'll have to upload them when I'm back in Bend. Yesterday, after the funeral but before dinner I got our for a road ride with my brother, cousin Louise, Julia and Julia's boyfriend Jason. My sister-in-law ran with Kai in a stroller, so that Louise could use her bike. It was just really nice to get out there and do something active after having sat in the car all day Friday, then such an emotional morning Sat. It was a nice ride. Got some pics of that too.

Oh yea, and I had those neurological tests on Friday morning...ick! Most were really easy and didn't make me nauseas, but the last one...whooeee! Not fun! They stick this thing in your ear that forces in cold and then hot water. It's designed to make you dizzy and try and isolate where my issues are coming from. My right ear was uncomfortable and made me a bit dizzy, but when she did the left ear...!!!!!! It was horrible. I cried. It made me so dizzy I had to hold the table with one hand and my head with the other 'cause it felt like it was going to fall off! It was not fun! But hopefully this will help them figure this out. What a pain.

Alright, off to spend a bit more time with family!

No comments: