Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Stupid shin splints!!!!

Maybe that should be my derby name, Shin Splints! Sigh. Practice tonight was so painful and I only made it 30 minutes. Going to see Jennifer B on Thursday to start working on my legs. Those muscles are rock hard at rest. She's going to really need to pummel them...over and over and over again. I just really hope it works. I love roller derby!!! I don't want to have to quit.

April on the other hand is amazing! She really really is. I spent a lot of time watching them all tonight as I sat there with ice on my legs. She's definitely in the top 10...maybe top 5. I wanna skate like her! Actually, I'd just like to get through one practice without having to stop 'cause my legs are giving out. I do really enjoy just watching the ladies skate though. Wait, that sounds bad ... well, it's enjoyable for a whole bunch of reasons! :)

So keep your fingers crossed that Jennifer can fix the spasms and help me stretch out and strengthen those muscles.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

sorry to hear about the shin splints :( I've never had them so have no advice or anything. HEAL UP

april said...

shinny mcsplintington..now that's an intimidating name! i hope jb can do the trick for you, it's time for you to be sore in other places (my pecs are effing killing me today!!)