Friday, January 19, 2007

What's in a name?

A rose by any other name ...and all that stuff. I've got my derby name choices down to two now, but it got me thinking about names. What do they mean? Why do so many of us "epitomize" that name? According to others anyway. Do you think your name shapes who you are?

I was born Robin, but when I was adopted I was named and raised Chandra. Everyone says I'm "such a Chandra!" What does that mean exactly? Names have meanings, sure, but don't you think they have some sort other meanings? Names that are mousy, or strong, or...it's fascinating.

Ok, so for my derby names the two in contention are:
Mistress Hush
Lady Chaos.

Which do you think is more me? Mistress Hush seems to be winning so far. I really like both of them. Here's my chance to choose my name, one that suits me and embodies what I am. So if you, dear reader, have a particular preference....let me know asap! :)

Someone suggested that another alternative, 'cause I'm not really quiet, would be:
"Mistress Get the Hell Outta My Way or I put a Skate Wheel Through Your Temple!" Hee hee. I really do like that.

No comments: