Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Camping with the Bellas

Loki goes in for her surgery tomorrow morning. Keep your fingers crossed for her!

Three weeks tomorrow I'll be heading to Portland to fly out to Peru! Eep. Now that I know we have pack animals to carry our heavy packs, I'm feeling much better about everything. However, the elevation...that's another story! I just got the itinerary, and we're hiking and camping at elevations of 11,000-16,000 feet! Gulp. At least I have a small advantage over everyone coming from Vancouver. I live at about 3,600 feet, they live at sea level. Still, that's damn high! I'm excited...but freaked out as well. Trip of a lifetime. I should be hiking every day after work, but I'm just so tired the last two weeks. Oh well, I need to hike both days the next several weekends. South Sister on the 26th.

So, last weekend I went camping with some of the Bellas in Oakridge. If you want to see more pictures than I can include here, click on the link to the right to my Flickr gallery. They might be on the second or third page. After we arrived on Friday we built a fire...in an actual wooden stove sitting out in the middle of the field. And then we made smores. Or at least some people did. April makes pretty amazing smores! That's Michele, Brad and Dana sitting in the back. Brad and Dana had the most amazing chairs. They were like...Lazy Boy camp chairs!

This is the breakfast scene. The food was pretty fantastic. Celia and Ben made us pancakes with nectarines in the batter. We also had sausages, cereal and tons of fruit. Along with all the condiments we also had fresh blackberries that Jim, Michele and I had picked Friday after arriving. They were pretty fabulous. Ooh, that reminds me...April, what did you do with all those we picked Sunday before we left? Hmm?


Me in the morning having my jet fuel coffee, it was strong but good. Just what I needed to get the day started. Followed it up with cantelope, pancakes, sausage, blackberries...mmm.

Sheila's not as much of a morning person as I am. I'm one of those really annoying people who wakes up...awake! I love the mornings. I like to take it easy, I don't have to get up and go. But once I'm up...I'm awake. Usually with the mind going too. I've had to learn to control that though. Evidently it's really annoying.

Nadine was there with the token dog, Duke. He was really great. Reminded me of another lab I did love...but MUCH better behaved! :P He was a sweetie. I'm not really into labs...they're too common. I like things that are more...unusual. Not the same as everyone else. Although most of the dog breeds I am drawn to are becoming more popular. That keeps happening to me. That's why I have so many piercings! You get one that's unique, and in a couple years everyone has one. So you have to get another one...and the cycle continues...! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i want a smore right. now.!!