Sunday, August 06, 2006

Two on two ultimate

Two on two ultimate frisbee is hard! Tonight, only four of us showed up for ultimate, myself, David, Cheryl and Jaime...and Cheryl made us play! It's a hell of a lot more running than when we have five per team. Sheesh. Finally Sheila and Chris showed up, so at the end we had three on three. One boy on each team. :) It was fun, but now I'm tired.


Went hiking this morning with Laura "lipstick" Skinkle. Did the Tumalo Falls loop. Only four 1/2 weeks to go! Next weekend I'm going to hike up at Mt hood, the weekend after I'm going to do Tumalo Mt...and probably something else too. And then the weekend of Aug 26 I'll do the South Sister. That's as far as I've gotten in my planning. Here's Laura at one of the river crossings.




Anyway, today Laura and I saw something really cool! As we started out, we noticed movement on these bushes and low branches. We looked closer...and there were a ton of butterflies (or moths) just coming out of their cocoons! It was really cool. The picture is really...blurry! I used the setting for close-ups, but I guess I was too close! :( Can you see them though? There were a ton of them, all over!



Four days 'till my birthday! :P 33....yipee! That was sarcasm. I usually love my birthday, and love to have it celebrated. But this year...yeah, just not feeling it. Sigh. Well, I've got four days to change that...33, hooray!!!

No comments: