Monday, August 28, 2006

Hiking South Sisters

Ok, here are a few pictures of the South Sisters hike I did yesterday with Melanie and Laura. It really was a great day. I still can't believe I actually made it to the top! Since I can only put a few pictures here, if you want to see more I made a gallery on my Flickr site title South Sisters 2006


It took me longer to get to the top than it did Melanie and Laura, but I made it. For me, that's all that matters at this point. My asthma was definitely an issue, but I just took my time and went slow and steady. I probaly should have turned around, since I had no water, but I really really really wanted to get to the top. I didn't want to quit!




Originally my goal was just to get to the tree line. Once I got there I just kept pushing a little farther. Even at this point, as I started up the cinder cone, I still wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it to the top. It looks a looooong way away!



But I did it!


Blogger is taking too long to upload the rest, so to see more of the pictures check out my Flickr gallery.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

How long did it take you?

Chandra said...

A lot longer than it probably "should" have! Although, I have to say, there were a lot of people slower than me.I'm not about racing up and down, I want to enjoy it. That siad... let's see. We were on the trail by about 8:00-ish or a little after. I reached the summit at a little after 1:00. That is slow, compared to some. But hey, I made it! :)

Shannon said...

You did and you should be proud.

I want to do it next summer.