Friday, August 18, 2006

No peg-leg Loki!

Loki's home, and she doesn't have a peg leg!! She's doing really well...but of course she's only been home a couple hours. They managed to pin two of the toes and the other two are touching enough that the vets think they'll heal well. There doesn't seem to be any serious vascular damage, so she's going to be able to keep the leg. I'm trying to keep her confined and not jumping around too much, but she doesn't really seem to agree with that.

The really good news...well, ok, her keeping her leg is great news, but she should be out of the splint in about 10 days. And perhaps even off all meds! Which would mean that she and Dread could stay here and just be checked in on every day. She does, however, need to be inside for 8-10 weeks. Whooboy, she's not going to like that! So, I guess what I'll do is just keep them both in all Sept (Dread is going to be one unhappy kitty!), and then when I get back Dread can go in and out. I'm just so glad for her that she can keep the leg, and that the vet is so optimistic about her prognosis.

It is kinda hectic for me right now though. I'm dog-sitting Heidi and Derek's two dogs while they're in Switzerland biking, and Loki needing a lot of attention, and I need to be out there hiking..and I need one day of nothing to "test" my reaction to valium! :) I'm not the best flyer anymore. The idea of 17 hours of flight time to Peru is causing me a great deal of stress. So my doc gave me valium to help out with my anxiety. But I've never taken valium, so I have no idea how I'm going to react to it.

Hooray, Loki's home and without a peg leg!!! :)

No comments: